Featured Post

If You Dare Vlog Teaser

Ten Years Before and After


I'm supposed to post something the other night but too sleepy to actually start writing. Yesterday morning though while doing my usual reading due to traffic, I saw this quote:

"Ten years from now, make sure you can say that you choose your life. You didn't settle for it."

This got me thinking if I thought about it ten years ago. Looking back, I was probably thinking that I should be married by now and have kids, have a stable job or business. I should chosen a career that lets me have more time to be a mother and wife. Or at the very least, engaged to be married having the dream of a good homemaker.

And now comparing the life that I have, it seems to have changed completely. I may have pushed people away because they are not supposed to stay. They have no place in my future. Things change, people change. I've chosen this path though and never thought that I'm just settling for it. I still have a stable job and my own small business.  I had the chance to reinvent myself and travelled. I'm looking forward to visiting more places. I did not imagine myself before to be pursuing graduate studies and now I'm on my 2nd year in one of the prestigious schools in the country. I may not have kids yet but I'm very close to my nephew. I'm grateful for all of these.

Ten years from now, I would still choose the same dream. I am still a woman who wanted to be a good homemaker but wiser and focused more on amazing experiences. I am hoping that 20 years from now, I have written great stories and published one of it. :)

Ending this post with one of my favorite quotes:

" You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.” ~C. S. Lewis