Featured Post

If You Dare Vlog Teaser

The First Automated Election in the Philippines and my Purple Thumb

I was so excited to be a part of the First Automated Election in the Philippines. I even went back to Manila to exercise my right to vote and to witness how this election could change my views about the so called dirty politics.

Maximo Elementary School (former Tejeros Elementary School) looks bigger in my memory. I suddenly remembered my grade school days and friends. It felt like I’m young again… or so I wish…

My father and I went directly to our precinct at around 10 AM but we were quite surprised that it has been assigned to a different room. I then remembered that my mother received the sample ballot which includes our name, precinct and room number.

The long lines of voters were quite tiring and our line to our precinct was like a maze, it goes back and forth and guess what… the voters before us are waiting for hours already. I’m glad that our precinct is in the ground floor because it is difficult to roam around in case we need something.

My childhood friend Joyce is really sweet because she looked for me. I miss her so much. We were classmates in grade school and first year high school. We talked about everything and are both impatient of the long lines just to vote. She is someone special that I know I’m lucky to have.


This is my wacky picture. The big frame is with Joyce. The 3 small frames are my headshots hahah. Look how my mood changes. 1st frame: 11:27 AM, 2nd frame: 12:36 PM, 3rd frame: 2:36 PM.

The wait is like forever. There were PCOS machines that are not functioning. It was so hot and we were hungry. I did not expect that we have to endure all this. I watched the news before going to the precinct and already heard that voters were waiting for hours. However, I still can’t believe that I will actually be one of them. Some of the people I know went through a fast voting process and so I was hoping to have the same experience.

My sister was an outside watcher and nobody was giving any drinks for them. It was so hot and of course everyone is thirsty. I decided to buy food and bottles of mineral water for us. I was thinking that this would do for an hour or two…

I then succumb to this incident. I was not as chatty as my father who exchanged politic views with the guy after us. They seemed to enjoy their intellectual conversation while I decided to avail the Sun Cellular’s unlimited internet connection for 1 day. The signal is good at the sun is at its brightest :)

I then started tweeting and retweeting important updates for the First Automated Election in the Philippines. I also tried to inform my friends to bring water, food, fan, extra shirt and extra patience :D

Check out my tweets here.

Every time that I’m bored, I took pictures to always remember how this event made me feel:



This guy is in deep thoughts while everyone was trying to find a comfortable place while waiting.


I did not bring an umbrella and even If I did, I can’t stay under the sun for a long time. I salute them =)



A voter trying to find comfort in the garden while waiting to exercise his right…

I was glad and relieved after casting my vote. I was quite scared when shading my ballot because I’m afraid that if I shade too much or less, then the PCOS Machine won’t take it heheheh. I was so happy to see the CONGRATULATIONS message and having to join the Purple Thumb hype.

The coverage of the networks are great, they are of course very informative. I like the part where social networking was used effectively. Thanks to COMELEC and PPCRV for the updates. I salute everyone specially the teachers who helped to make this election noble as possible. And Kudos to Yves Gonzales aka PCOSMachine for the hilarious yet timely tweets.

As mentioned by COMELEC, this is automated election: manual voting but automated counting… Im just wondering when can we have an automated voting as well? Just my two cents…

And as Rico Blanco said:

Just because your bet lost doesn’t mean you should spend the next six years complaining. We vote, we honor results, cooperate. Change begins with us…