Featured Post

If You Dare Vlog Teaser

Cebu Moments

My SFC family and I went to Cebu last February for the ICON. It was worth it and a learning experience for me. Ate Rakz and I were planning for months already and were both too excited to travel. It's my first out of town that I would consider far since I dont travel a lot, I actually hate travelling. =)




Look at me, a bit nervous hehhee. It was my first time to ride a plane, actually not only me but Ate Rakz as well. Due to unforeseen circumstances, 4 other SFC members were not able to join our flight. PAL is very strict with the 2 hour allowance and 30 minutes boarding before the flight. So there, only Ate Rakz and I were on board and looking so confused with the turn of events hahahah. We were seated at the middle because no other seats are available. REMINDER1: Follow the 2 hour boarding time. Be early if you want to seat near the window.


At least I have a window pix, thanks to the zoom function of my camera -=)

Prior to this incident, I thought that I wouldn’t make it to the airport since it has been quite a challenge to be there. I woke up early (actually I couldn’t sleep due to excitement) and all my things are prepared. I’m so ready to go. I have more than 2 hours to wait and I’m waiting for others to confirm that they are on their way because I don’t want to wait alone. I know that it is very difficult to get a cab on Friday morning in Makati but that day was extra ordinary. I was so convinced that the Cebu trip is not meant for me. Then again, when I’m about to go home, an empty cab arrived. Yihee! REMINDER 2: Empty cab is rare in MAKATI during mornings.

Actually almost everyone has different oppressions to deal with. It started with Kuya Edmar and it’s like a jinx that spread easily to our unit. Tsktsk. It was a test of how our faith could lead us during the weak points of our lives. REMINDER 3: Don’t forget to pray when traveling.



SFC ICON 2009 Banner - I'm glad I have at least one picture of the banner, there are actually different banners to choose from but its either crowded or its night already.



Our official ID in a small unisex shoulder bag, so we know that you are once of us even if you are inside SM or somewhere else hahaha


Welcome to Pier Quatro Hotel


Cebu is beautiful. I’m not just used to living in a place where 24-hours store is rare. I have a different body clock and I can go on with few hours of sleep. We stayed at Pier Quatro Hotel. We were in panic before because we thought that the taxi driver knew where the hotel is but ended up bringing us to a factory near a slum area. Wahhhhh…. Scary. It’s a good thing that Ate Rakz already checked the map and the landmarks back in Manila. REMINDER 4: Check the map!








The ICON was awesome. I really enjoyed it eventhough there are lots of distractions (personal issue). The event made me realized that I am so lucky to be there and be able to experience being with 7000 Singles for Christ and and Gawad Kalinga members. I would never forget the part where we kneeled for minutes while the priests are walking towards the stage and the whole SM Parking area was dark. The only lights that we have are from candles and cellphones. It was a remarkable moment. I also love the Praise Fest. I always find peace and comfort from praise songs and I enjoyed seeing everyone singing from the bottom of their hearts. The last day was a challenge because during the mass, the weather was ever changing. We love what we do and we stayed rain or shine. REMINDER 5: Know why you are there and stick to the plan.








The tour was very nice. Sharvey got an SLR so we enjoyed the tour while posing. We actually got addicted in posing for wonderful shots. I have few pictures during the tour because my camera has empty batt. Hehehe. So addict. Anyways, there’s always Ate Rakz for backup. We went to Fort San Pedro, Magellan’s Cross, Basilica de Sto. NiƱo and others. I can’t remember the names hahahah. I did some shopping of Danggit, dried pusit, dried mangoes, key chains, braceleta and durian candies for my family and friends. Too bad I don’t have a big luggage that’s why I was not able to shop for more hahha. REMINDER 5: Be ready to bring extra luggage for shopping and extra battery for the camera. Don’t forget the sunblock and lip balm!!!


The foods were all delicious. I love the Lechon during the ICON. Hmmm, so mouth-watering. I enjoyed the ribs served for dinner. I love the street foods puso, puto, chicken and longganisa. I make sure I tasted the durian shake and banana shake. I’m actually eating the whole trip hehehe. REMINDER 6: Enjoy the native delicacies.


The trip back to Manila was nice eventhough we encountered several turbulences during the flight. The attendants are very friendly. I was seated near the window and it was so beautiful to see the night lights from afar. Goodbye Cebu, see you Davao!

Comments

Jonas Perida said…
Nice blog you got here..Well, I's googling cebu bloggers, reason why I found yours.. Kudos!