Featured Post

If You Dare Vlog Teaser

A Child's Smile

It's my usual ride this afternoon in a jeepney and yet I felt that everything may not what it seems to be. I sat in the rear side of the common transportation so that I would be able to see everything inside the jeepney while we travel and also I would be able to observe the outside world.

My friends often ask me why I chose to travel home riding a jeepney. I love it.It's very simple, accessible and cheap. Likewise, I treasure the moment that I was able to connect with the outside world and try to comprehend things in my life. I'm calling my ride home as "my thinking time."

Nowadays, we have many gadgets that could take away our time to reflect with our lives and other issues. Often, we chose to skip the moment to think and act on impulse. We all need to have our own "thinking time."

This afternoon is special in its own simple way. On my way home, I have a mom, her daughter and her grandchild sitting in the other side of the jeepney. The child is a common happy toddler, around 3 or 4 years old. What caught my attention is the way he smiles, an innocent and yet very fulfilling smile. It warms my heart and my very soul. The child covers his mouth while he controls his giggle and his eyes are twinkling with delight of the very common road scenes. It makes me think of how a little kid can be very happy with simple thins and I realized that I was like that when I was a kid too. Things are more complex nowadays and yet there is no harm in smiling... right?

Nowadays, adult people like me would cost something to smile about. It's a fact of life. Happiness is overrated. But hey, sometimes it depends on how we see things. If we think that we can be happy and contented on simple things in life then perhaps we will be... I hope so... =)

Quote to ponder by Helen Keller:

When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us.


Let us not forget that somehow in our adult life there is always a child inside our hearts that could bring happiness in other's lives too...


Comments