Featured Post

If You Dare Vlog Teaser

Monetizing my RSS feed


I am trying to manage my time and blog too so I discovered the convenient world of RSS feeds. I am now able to be read post from other bloggers and I like it that way. Though sometimes, others haven't setup their blog to be compatible with other readers so I settle to the atom feeds via blogspot. I love reading and I want to be updated so I am now subscribing to different blogs via RSS feeds.

What is RSS?

RSS means Really Simple Syndication. RSS makes it possible for people to keep up with web sites in an automated manner that can be piped into special programs or filtered displays. (from wikipedia)

There are several feed readers that we can use such as:
Google Reader
NewsGator(Online)
My Yahoo!
Bloglines
Pageflakes
Netvibes

At home I am using Opera Browser as my feed reader since it has an option to reply to different posts. But, since I am having trouble with my pc and I haven't backup my bookmarks and feeds I need to have an online storage. There came Avant Browser. I like using Avant since it's easy to use and depends on the settings of IE so it's not that complicated. It has an online RSS Reader too. Awesome!

So there I was, enjoying reading feeds when I came accross an article that rss feeds will not be helpful if we aim to monetize our blog at this time. Then I realized that indeed, some feeds are just plain text and of course no ads can be included. Oh my!!!

I then searched how to monetize my feeds. Thanks to nspeaks for providing ways. I then tried monetizing my feeds via feedburner. I just login with my adsense account with my username and zipcode. Cool! Checkout nspeaks's site for more information. Whew. I'm OK now. =)

Comments

NJS said…
Thanks for the mention.
Jen said…
Hi Jhong! Bloghopping lang. Teach mo naman ako about feeds. I put my blog on feedburner but I don't know what to do with it naman. :)