Featured Post

If You Dare Vlog Teaser

Life in between ...

Last Friday, March 29, I was so busy with my own life and how to get ahead of myself. Typical me. I always have so many plans for my future, Caps are like that and I am definitely one.
I am always online via ym so that I am always updated of the latest events and I am always available to get works from my clients. It was odd though that I received a pm from Cathy, my dearest college friend. She was asking me if I am indeed online, and I immediately replied. I know something is up. She told me about Dou's Mom. We then agreed to visit later that evening.
Cathy, Ian and I met at Jollibee Taft. We talked for a while and ate. It is quite difficult to control our emotions knowing that we are in a middle of a delicate situation. We have to be strong for our dear friend. We went to a Donut Shop across PGH and waited for Dou.
When she entered the shop, sadness inflicted us. She smiled at us and it was a heartfelt smile. Dou told us the Story of her mother, Nenita and how an adorable courageous woman continued to share her love to everyone. Nenita battled brain cancer and her family loves her so much... so much that they don't want her in pain. As we conversed, I can't help it but I swear, an image of a beautiful smiling woman flashed before me. She was somewhat trying to make me say something, I can't. Pressure was growing inside my heart, like it would explode any moment. I have to say it. No matter what, I have to.
I asked Dou if her mom's hair is cut short. Cathy looked at me... and Dou said yes... This is it. I have to do this... I hugged Dou and told her what she needed to know and tears flowed in our eyes. DOu, Cathy and I hugged and cried as long as we could remember. It was a moment of mixed emotions. I would never ever forget it. But then,I felt peace...
We accompanied Dou inside the ER of PGH and we needed to see her Mom. I needed to see her to. I looked at her and I can't help but wonder, how can I see her so happy? I studied her as she was in bed, I looked for signs, anything to make me understand. Anything. I touched her fingers and continued to stare at her. Anything, please.... But all I could feel at that moment was an unfamiliar feeling of happiness and serenity. That's it... I told Nenita, we will meet again, maybe someday... It wasn't a farewell. It was letting go...
March 1, 2008 6AM, Our dearest Nenita is now with The Almighty God.
We will always remember you...
And we will meet again...

Comments